Friday, April 9, 2010

Is this bargaining or a dating service?

The first barging session is over. What have we done so far?

Well, we've mostly flirted about our common interests and our shared hopes for a healthy long-term relationship.

Does this sound like a dating service to you? It sure does to me: people misrepresent themselves with pretty pictures and sweet talk but we don’t get at the hard cold truth about what we really want from each other.

Will these sessions have a happy ending where we all find our soul mates? Look, these are contract negotiations and I don’t need a soul mate! I need a pay raise, I need to keep all my healthcare benefits, and I need long-term job security.

So I’m saying to Kaiser right now, when you come back to the table on April 20, let’s stop talking about our hobbies and our favorite color and let’s get down to brass tacks. In other words, let’s get down to you trying to take my stuff and me keeping my stuff.

In Unity,

Angela

1 comment:

  1. Ever heard of Interest-Based Negotiations? It's not intended to be adversarial. You ought to read "Getting To Yes" (Roger Fisher). It's no wonder why UHW is in the mess they're in. You all talk partnership, but it's clear that you are only using the Partnership for your own selfish and monetary gains. Shame on you.

    ReplyDelete