Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Show me the love, Kaiser!

After much hard work, debate and dedication, the language proposal from the CIC is complete. Please let's clap our hands say thank you !

In my last blog, I mentioned that Kaiser continually references their "unsustainability." That is very concerning because of the implications, namely, they want to take our stuff. Well, last night ...again..... there was another presentation from from Chuck Colombus who presented Kaiser predictions for the future and guess what? They still call their financial model unsustainable. But I did not see a crystal ball, so how can they predict the future?

Our belief is that you get what you pay for. You want sustainability? Keep your workers in place by sustaining good wages with strong benefits. The way you show value to your employees is through wages and benefits. Show me the love!

At this point the only thing I know for sure we will need to be patient. United. Strong. There is no crystal ball. There's us.

So Kaiser here is my prediction: No takeaways ....Raises...Long term job security!!!

In Unity,

Angela

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on a job well done. My question is if I have at least 120 hours of Bank Sick Leave at the end of the year, will I have the option of cashing out 10 days at 75% value. The website(http://bargaining2010.org)shares that an employee needs to have at least one year accrued annual sick leave in their "post January 1st 2006 bank".
    In our Bank Sick Leave account I've noticed two banks 1."hours banked throughout 2005" and 2."hours banked after 2005". If I have only 44 hours in the "hours banked after 2005" bank will I be elgible for the 75% sick leave cash out? Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  2. KP's market and financial analysts use data from market research, Wall Street, historical trends, unemployment numbers, and other USBL sources to make their best guesses. Kaiser predicted the big collapse in 1996 too (and got it right). Maybe you should worry less about crystal balls and more about the hand that feeds you (quite well I might add).

    ReplyDelete